Practiced my rolls @ 105bpm today. Something I've noticed yesterday and today - when the slightest pressure is put on the end of the neck of The B, it bends slightly out of tune. It's because usually in guitars/basses/banjos/whatever, there's a metal rod going all the way through the neck to keep it straight, called the Truss Rod. However, The B doesn't have a truss rod, being that it's on the low-end of the banjo spectrum. The thing is that even without a truss rod, I don't think it should be bending out as much as it does. Time to do a little legwork on it and find out if this is normal, i guess.
Also, in regards to the last entry, I forgot to add "Every other song with a banjo ever" to the list. That one should be on it, too.
Sunday, April 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment