Sunday, April 15, 2007

Teach Yourself Light-Speed Banjo

The book that I'm learning banjo from (what with the previously mentioned Cartoon Douchebags on the cover) has a CD of all the songs in the book so that I can hear how they're supposed to sound, as opposed to how I'm playing them. And the nice lady on the CD plays the song nice and slow so I can hear every note she's playing and then she plays it again. REALLY fast. I'm not entirely sure if she expects me, the beginning banjoist, to play along at that speed. If so, I'm really going to have to change my current tactic of "go a little faster everyday" to "go as fast as you possibly can and then tomorrow, GO FASTER." Which is what I'm going to start doing.

Today, I hit my rolls at 145bpm. I had a few slip-ups, especially on the forward/backward roll and the alternating thumb roll, but it was overall pretty solid. We can do this. It's just Me and The B. The cartoon douchebags will not get the better of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you're keepin' on!

DrEtak said...

Way to show those cartoon douchebags!!!